Captain Bruce’s love and commitment to the sport of fly fishing is shown in his accomplishments within the fly fishing industry. Since becoming addicted to fly fishing in his teens, Bruce knew what his career was going to be right out of high school and didn’t waste any time after graduating by promptly starting his fly fishing guiding business in the Florida Keys. Bruce has since been a full time Florida Keys fly fishing flats guide gaining 21 years of experience and counting. Specializing in sight fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit Bruce has become one of the most sought after fly fishing guides in all the Florida Keys.
- FFF Master Certified Fly Casting Instructor
- American Fly Fishing Trade Association Board Member – AFFTA
- Featured Angler in the full length fly fishing film “RISE”
- Fly Fisherman Magazine Salt Water Digital Contributor
- Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures – Director of Fly Fishing School Operations
- Designed and created a full line of Bruce Chard Professional Series Grand Slam fly lines – winning best of show award at 2013 IFTD show
- Has been featured on the cover of 13 different high profile fly fishing magazines
- Top Advisory Staff or Ambassador Member for the following fly fishing companies – Scientific Anglers, Ross Reels, Winston Rods, Ross Worldwide, Simms, Smith Optics, Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures and Gamakatsu Hooks
- Over 24 custom Chard fly patterns with Riverborn fly company
- Currently has first fly fishing book contract with Stackpole publishing
- Currently hosts popular fly fishing schools for bonefish, tarpon, permit and sailfish throughout the Florida Keys, Bahamas and Guatemala for the past 18 years and has recently become the director of fly fishing schools for Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures
- Has fly fished in over 9 different countries world wide
- Bruce is a popular paid speaker and casting instructor at fly fishing shows, fly clubs, and fly shops nation wide
Bruce resides in the Lower Florida Keys with his wife Sara and son BJ.