HatchOutdoors.com Privacy Statement
Last Updated January 12, 2017
“PI” is information that identifies an individual, which we collect when you use the Site such as, name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, fax number, email address, credit and debit card information. If you provide PI of another person, please make sure that you have the right to share that information with us.
Hatch uses PI primarily to do business with you. We may also use PI for the following purposes:
– fulfill your requests, such as to respond to a question regarding our products, to help you locate a store near you, fulfill your order, process your payment card, and/or to provide you with customer service.
– send you important information regarding the site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
– inform you of products, programs, services and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you.
– allow you to send email to others through our “send to a friend” type functionality. (By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.)
– allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your PI.
– customize content for you on our Site and provide you with customized offers.
– facilitate our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
HOW PI IS SHARED
We may share PI with third parties for the following purposes:
– to third party service providers for web hosting, data analysis, IT services, e-mail delivery services, survey fulfillment, social media applications and postings, payment and credit card processing, order fulfillment and other similar services.
– to third parties to allow them to contact you regarding products, programs, services, information and promotions that they believe may be of interest to you.
– to identify you to any person to whom you send messages through the Site.
– to third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions, if you participate.
– by you, on services (for example, message boards, chat functionality, “profile pages” and blogs, community sites where you can “share your story” and review products, among other services) to which you can post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services (for example, PI contained in the photos, stories, comments and videos that you submit) will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the public.
– in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation about any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
– as we believe to be appropriate (a) under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information from you, including your IP address, MAC address, your computer type, screen resolution, OS version and Internet browser, as well as information collected using cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and other similar technologies to better serve you with more tailored information and facilitate your ongoing use of the Site. We and our third-party service providers may also collect Other Information such as demographic data, for example your city or state as well as aggregate PI in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using PI to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code.
Because Other Information does not personally identify you, we may use Other Information for any purpose or share it with third parties. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with PI, such as combining your zip code with your name. If we do combine any Other Information with PI, the combined information will be treated by us as PI if it is combined. If local law requires us to treat any of the Other Information as PI, we will comply with those laws.
THIRD PARTY SITES
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads about goods and services that may be of interest to you when you visit our Site and other websites, based on information about your visit to this Site and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect PI under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
You may opt-out from receiving electronic communications from Hatch and/or from Hatch’s sharing of your PI with third parties for their marketing purposes by emailing us. If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your PI that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us by emailing us.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, what you are opting out from, whether you would like to have your PI suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your PI. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we request that these individuals not provide PI through the Site.
Your PI may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities and operations, and by providing any PI to us, you consent to the transfer of such PI to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules from your country of residence.
Hatch Outdoors, Inc. and the local Hatch affiliate running the Site are the party responsible for the management of PI that is jointly used by Hatch.
Please do not send us, or disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site.